At Bank of America, our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility is inextricably linked to our company’s purpose: to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. This mission supports our values and commitments by leveraging the full capabilities of our company and by working closely with external partners to help address important societal challenges. This is just one of the many ways that we work to build stronger communities and stable economies.
The Role of Partnerships
Given our significant physical and digital infrastructure, millions of customers and clients, and a global employee base of more than 230,000, we’re in a unique position to combine our scale with our partners’ expertise, which can have a tremendous impact. Some of our programs and initiatives include:
- Neighborhood Builders®, the nation’s largest philanthropic investment in nonprofit leadership development, offers grant funding and leadership development for nonprofit directors and emerging leaders.
- Student Leaders® program, which provides community-minded high school students with nonprofit work experience and a chance to participate in our Student Leadership Summit.
- Better Money Habits is our partnership with Khan Academy offering a collection of videos and tools to make money and finances a little easier.
- Raising awareness and support for the fight against HIV/AIDS through a unique partnership with (RED) and the band U2.
- Elizabeth Street Capital, a Tory Burch Foundation and Bank of America initiative, provides women entrepreneurs with access to the resources they need to grow successful businesses in the U.S.
- “Express Your Thanks” to our troops, where we donated $1 for every expression of thanks on social media, up to $1 million, to nonprofits that help our veterans transition back to civilian life.
- Supporting Local Communities, provided more than 6,500 affordable housing units through Community Development Banking.
Click Here to learn more about our corporate social responsibility efforts.
Click Here to download our most recent corporate social responsibility report.