JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The Firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.
Corporate Responsibility always has been central to how the firm does business, starting with operating with integrity and extending to all the ways it helps clients and communities navigate this complex global economy. The firm strives to develop innovative programs that leverage the core strengths, capabilities and expertise of its businesses, people and partners to maximize impact. JPMorgan Chase is profoundly optimistic about how much can be accomplished when people come together to do extraordinary things.
Some of JPMorgan Chase’s key corporate responsibility programs and initiatives include:
- Invested in Detroit’s Future: JPMorgan Chase is expanding their 80 year commitment to Detroit by committing $100 million over five years to support and accelerate the city’s dynamic recovery that is underway. The commitment focuses on fueling economic development, reducing blight, improving the skills of Detroit’s workforce, and growing small businesses.
- New Skills at Work: Through New Skills at Work, a five-year, $250 million initiative, JPMorgan Chase will use its resources, expertise, and global reach to help inform and accelerate efforts to support demand-driven skills training. The initiative will work across business sectors to strengthen and scale workforce training programs and develop a data-driven analysis of skills in demand address employer supply gaps.
- Global Cities Initiative: The Global Cities Initiative is a joint project between the Brookings Institution and JPMorgan Chase that aims to equip business, civic and government leaders with the information, policy ideas and connections they need to help their metropolitan areas thrive in the global economy. The effort is helping city and metropolitan leaders become more globally fluent by providing an in-depth, data-driven look at their regions’ standings on crucial global economic measures, highlighting best policy and practice innovations from around the world and developing and implementing regional strategies to boost global trade and investment.
- Financial Capability: JPMorgan Chase is committed to helping individuals and families save money, build credit and improve economic opportunities in communities around the world. Working with best-in-class national and regional nonprofit organizations, their financial capability efforts are helping individuals acquire the knowledge, skills and tools needed to promote financial security while avoiding costly services like payday loans or check cashing outlets for assistance. JPMorgan Chase and Center for Financial Services have also created the Financial Solutions LabSM, a separate five-year, $30 million program to identify, test and scale innovative financial products and services to improve consumer financial security.
- Small Business Forward: A five year, $30 million initiative that supports small businesses by connecting them to critical resources to help them grow faster, create jobs and strengthen local economies. The initiative will support nonprofit cluster organizations that work with small businesses concentrated in single sectors and provide them with networking opportunities to connect with investors and customers, partnerships to drive research, workforce and management training, supplier networks and export promotion.
Click Here to learn more about JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s corporate social responsibility efforts.
Click Here to download JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s most recent corporate social responsibility report.